Current job openings at RDG
Restoration Design Group is a small, interdisciplinary landscape architecture and restoration engineering firm focused on open space design, planning, and restoration. Bringing together the disciplines of landscape architecture, restoration ecology, and environmental engineering, RDG designs places where people and nature connect. The firm’s work was founded in urban creek restoration and public access design and has evolved to cover a wide range of landscape architectural practice. Our office is in West Berkeley.
Position Opening: CAD/Field Technician
Position: We are seeking a motivated individual interested in landscape architectural planning, design, and environmental restoration with excellent CAD skills and ability to conduct occasional outdoor field work. This position will support RDG’s efforts to bring projects from conceptual design to construction documentation, construction, and post-project monitoring. This includes drafting construction documents, conducting site assessments in the field, producing digital and/or freehand graphic illustration, and engaging with clients and subconsultants. Candidate will be supported by small studio of landscape architects, planners, and engineers where design, production, and project management responsibilities are freely shared across the office.
Essential skills and experience required include:
- 1 to 5 years of professional design/planning experience or recent graduate
- Technical experience working in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Facility in Adobe Suite, Sketch-up, and other digital rendering tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in creek/habitat restoration demonstrated by education or professional experience
- Willingness and ability to conduct creek and vegetation monitoring in the outdoors
- Landscape Architect license not required
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to:
Rich Walkling, Business Manager
Applicants may also submit a portfolio (limit size to 20MB) of student or professional work but it is not required.
No phone inquiries. All submissions will be reviewed and responded to in a timely manner.
Open until filled.