Current job openings at RDG
Our firm: Restoration Design Group is a small, interdisciplinary landscape architecture firm focused on open space design, planning, and restoration. Bringing together the disciplines of landscape architecture, restoration ecology, and environmental engineering, RDG designs places where people and nature connect. The firm’s work was founded in urban creek restoration and public access design and has evolved to cover a wide range of landscape architectural practice. Our office is in West Berkel
Position Opening: Restoration Engineer
Restoration Engineer: RDG is seeking a qualified civil engineer to assist with the design and engineering of creek restoration and water related projects and to work as a member of our design team. Technical responsibilities include providing hydraulic modeling support for a variety of projects and developing engineering components of construction documents and project specifications. Though the restoration engineer’s primary responsibility will be related to stream restoration projects, RDG is a small firm and the restoration engineer will be involved with many other design tasks such as trail design, upland habitat restoration, utilities, and infrastructure.
Essential skills and experience:
- California Professional Engineer license
- Proficiency in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling (e.g. HEC-RAS/ SWMM/HEC-HMS), experience in 2D hydraulic modeling a plus
- Familiarity with sediment transport modeling and sediment dynamics in urban and less disturbed watersheds
- Technical competence in construction documentation
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional qualifications (non-essential):
- Stream restoration design experience including habitat structures, determination of hydraulic geometry, soil bioengineering, and similar biotechnical approaches to bank stabilization
- Storm water management, LID design and sizing and site grading
- Training in geology, soil science, or related field
- Knowledge of ArcGIS
- Familiarity with marketing and proposal writing
- Experience with the regulatory and permitting environment
- Capable of surveying and operating total station/GPS devices
- Organization, record-keeping, and project management skills
Candidates should have an interest in creek and wetland restoration work and assisting in performing site assessments and project monitoring. Knowledge of surveying, permitting, geomorphology, biology, geology and soils, resource management, and California watershed issues is a plus.
Benefits for this salaried position includes paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave, health care, and a retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with ability and experience.
Education Requirements: Degree from an accredited Civil Engineering program. Coursework in geology, geomorphology, hydrology, or a related field is a plus.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Restoration Design Group
2612 8th Street, Suite B
No calls, please.